MANAGER, RECORDS AND POLICY
There is no greater calling or opportunity for a fluid management company than today’s challenge – helping customers protect people, the environment and our natural resources. Together we are implementing technologies that purify and conserve water, consume less energy, make alternative energy sources possible and practical, advance medicine and minimize emissions and waste. Our collective efforts are enabling a greener more sustainable future.
Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world.
Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets.
Headquartered in Long Island, NY, Pall has operations in every major country.
Manager, Records and Policy – Legal and Compliance – Port Washington, New York
The Manager, Records and Policy is responsible for overseeing the effective and appropriate management of Pall’s records; is the resource for the creation, coordination and dissemination of corporate policies throughout the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES - RECORDS:
- Standardize filing, protection, and retrieval of records, reports, and other information contained on paper, microfilm, computer program, or other media.
- Store, arrange, index and classify knowledge assets.
- Maintain filing systems in order to meet legal and finance requirements.
- Implement and monitor retention and disposal schedules.
- Advise on and implement new records management policies and classification systems.
- Enable appropriate security access to information and respond to employee information requests.
- Establish and enforce policies and procedures around the creation, sharing, storage and retention of electronic records.
- Identify third-party products and services that can assist records management and make recommendations to management.
- Create economies of scale within content management systems, Web sites, extranets and other areas where records are managed.
- Analyze, design, set up, test, document and implement folder structures, taxonomy and categories/attributes for use in storing and managing electronic documents.
- Provide technical support to migrate data and documents from shared drives or other document management platforms.
- Offer individual and group training around electronic records management to departments as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES - POLICIES:
- Manage cross-functional teams to create, review, distribute and accept policies using policy management best practices, including electronic and automated approaches to the development, maintenance, communication and certification of policies and procedures.
- Obtain feedback on draft policies and incorporate revisions, following a predetermined approval process before formally publishing final version.
- Determine, in collaboration with subject matter expert and Compliance leadership, by what method specific policies will be disseminated to target audiences.
- Create and adhere to a revision schedule for periodic review and refresh of the published policy portfolio.
- Responsible for the development of a sustainable Policy Issuance Platform.
- Responsible to manage the policy issuance process from start to finish.
- Support the training and communications of policies and procedures by bringing together a comprehensive content repository and a framework for training delivery and tracking
- Review and revise policies as necessary to ensure compliance with Pall’s compliance program as well as federal and state laws and regulations (or local laws in jurisdictions outside the United States).
- Analyze regulatory rules matrices and perform comprehensive gap analysis of firm policies; issue new policies to address potential gaps as needed.
- Plan, schedule and project manage the writing, organization and control of policies and procedures
- Design, implement and maintain the policy and procedures governance infrastructure
- Develop and maintain a central repository to store and organize policy and procedure documents
- Design and utilize workflow tools to help access, create, modify, review, and approve policy and procedure documents in a controlled manner
- Oversee the storing and organizing of policies and procedures based on various templates and classification criteria
- BA, BS, or Masters in Business Administration or Library Sciences with a strong technical aptitude.
- 2-4 years records management experience.
- 2-4 years policy drafting and management experience.
- Deep understanding of content management systems, intranets, Web portals and other electronic information sharing system
- Knowledge of current and emerging records management practices. (Imaging, EDM, ECM, etc.)
- Knowledge of best practices in policy creation and management
- Direct experience working with various forms of storage media, including paper, digitally scanned images, disk tape, CD-ROM, microfilm, etc
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive array of benefits, and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals.
To apply for this position please visit our site at www.pall.com and go to the careers section.
The tracking code for this is ES-130220214955
Pall is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pall Corporation is committed to equal opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran's status or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law.