SENIOR SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER
There is no greater calling or opportunity for a fluid management company than today’s challenge – helping customers protect people, the environment and our natural resources. Together we are implementing technologies that purify and conserve water, consume less energy, make alternative energy sources possible and practical, advance medicine and minimize emissions and waste. Our collective efforts are enabling a greener more sustainable future.
Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world.
Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets.
Headquartered in Long Island, NY, Pall has operations in every major country.
Senior Supplier Quality Engineer - Quality – Fajardo - Puerto Rico
The Supplier Quality Engineer will manage the supplier performance evaluation program and perform audits of suppliers’ quality systems and manufacturing process.
- Establishes supplier quality performance criteria.
- Work with suppliers to resolve material issues related to inspection discrepancy reports or Product Verification Reports (PVR).
- Perform periodic review of PVR and issue SCAR as required.
- Ensures all supplier failure investigations are comprehensive and quality situations are timely addressed and solved.
- Partners with Quality Control to ensure inspection plans are reflective of supplier’s capabilities.
- Partners with designated teams to evaluate new methods, processes, and materials to determine effect on the quality plan and revise accordingly.
- Reports to management on the performance of suppliers, areas for improvement within the supplier management system, and performance against established objectives for the supplier quality program.
- Working with new product/process development teams, assesses the capabilities of proposed new or alternate suppliers/materials (technical, process, quality system and cGMP compliance).
- Actively participate as an accountable member of the Material Review Board (MRB).
- Prepares documented procedures for Supplier management systems.
- Provide Supplier Quality trainings and support services to other departments as required
- Facilitate the Total Quality improvement process.
- Complies with all Company safety policies and procedures as related to this position, including reading all relevant safety literature and using the required protective equipment.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops’ reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-are practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results; keeping business information confidential; administering the system security; ensuring data accuracy and integrity; maintaining updated professional and technical knowledge; assuring systems compliance with laws, regulations, and corporate standards; ensuring a safe and healthy environment.
- Complies with QSR, ISO and all applicable regulations and company procedures.
- Acknowledge and maintain commitment with the environmental policy, and participate actively in the environmental programs to achieve the objectives and targets with their area.
- Participate in the development of environmental improvement projects, which imply the minimization, all possible negative environmental impacts of daily operations and activities.
REQUIREMENTS, KOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering; Minimum six (6) years in the Manufacturing and Material Management
- Master Degree in Engineering; Three (3) to six (6) years in worked related experience
- Knowledge of Quality System, FDA, ISO regulations, CAPA system, GMP’s practices.
- Knowledge in general material management functions
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives
- Knowledge in safe work practices.
- Excellent Computer literate.
- Good oral and written communication skills (English and Spanish).
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive array of benefits, and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals.
To apply for this position please visit our site at www.pall.com and go to the careers section.
The tracking code for this is MF-130129174017
Pall is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pall Corporation is committed to equal opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran's status or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law.