What Is It?
The system consists of three key components:
- The GeneDisc Ultra-Lyser, used for sample preparation
- The GeneDisc Plate - the consumable in which assays are performed
- The GeneDisc Cycler, which performs the qPCR assay and records the results
How Does It Work?
To perform an assay, samples are processed through the GeneDisc Ultra-Lyser to lyse any microorganisms in the sample, and collect the DNA released.Step 2:
DNA samples are then added to the GeneDisc plate, along with a master mix reagent that suffices for one plate. Other key components like primers and probes along with appropriate controls are preloaded on the GeneDisc Plate which ensures reproducible performance and eliminates operator errors that can occur during multiple reagent additions. Each plate is barcoded for traceability. Step 3:
The GeneDisc plate is than loaded onto the GeneDisc Cycler which provides the environment to run the assay. Easy to use software guides the user to each step. Within approximately one hour the Cycler displays assay results which are easy to read and interpret.
What Are The Benefits?
- Simplicity - minimal user input needed to run tests; patented instrument design enables highly simplified operation
- Speed - results available within hours instead of days (compared with traditional test methods) ensures timely decisions can be taken during manufacturing cycle
- Security - unique, closed system provides reproducible results. Ideal for routine QC operation
- Savings - attractive pricing plus cost savings based on lean manufacturing and improved quality control
- Support - a complete package of training, feasibility studies, IQ/OQ and aftersales service such as instrument servicing, calibration, repair is available
The GeneDisc Rapid Microbiology system is a simple to use, cost effective alternative to conventional microbiological testing.
Part Numbers and Accessories
For a full list of part numbers for all GeneDisc products including plates, instruments and consumables, please click here
Training, Maintenance and Technical Support
Pall provides a comprehensive support package for the GeneDisc Rapid Microbiology system, including preventative maintenance, calibration and servicing, equipment hire, training, feasibility studies, instrument IQ/OQ, scientific consultation and support for PQ. Many services and traning sessions can be held either at the customer's own facility or at Pall sites. For more information, please click here
to view our current Training, Maintenance and Technical Support offering, or contact us
directly to discuss your requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
To learn more about the GeneDisc Rapid Microbiology System, please click here
Questions and Enquiries
If you have further questions or would like to discuss the GeneDisc Rapid Microbiology System in depth with a Pall specialist, please email us at email@example.com
, or call:
- 1-800-521-1520 (for enquiries from within US/Canada)
- +41 26 350 53 00 (for enquiries from all other locations)