Acrodisc® PSF Syringe Filters Expedite Automated Sample Processing
Ideal for HPLC and UHPLC Automated Sample Processing and Sample Clarification
- Accurate pore size rating – Acrodisc PSF syringe filters are more retentive than standard 25 mm devices and are available with single-layer membranes or multilayer glass fiber prefilters.
- Superior HPLC column protection – Better retention efficiency helps extend column life as much as 46 times.
- Quick and easy filtration – GxF multi-layer prefilter provides two to four times the throughput of standard glass fiber prefilter devices.
- Safety feature – Filter housing has been designed to withstand high operating pressures to avoid filter burst during use.
- Versatile – Available with GHP hydrophilic polypropylene membrane for maximum chemical compatibility, fast flow rates, low protein binding, and low levels of UVabsorbing extractables.
- Automation certified – Designed to be fully compatible and reliable for use with the SOTAXu and Zymarku automated test systems.
Pall's Acrodisc PSF syringe filters are the only syringe filters to receive SOTAX and Zymark Automation Certified guarantees. This certification is granted to syringe filters that meet the stringent requirements for automated dispensing, robotic handling, and fit and operation in the SOTAX dissolution systems. Acrodisc PSF syringe filters are fully compatible for use with SOTAX and Zymark automated workstations and facilitate smooth operation and worry-free performance 24 hours a day.
Pall Life Sciences certifies Acrodisc PSF syringe filters with PTFE, nylon, PVDF, and GHP membrane to be low in UV absorbing extractables. They have been tested for compatibility with common HPLC solvents (water, acetonitrile, and methanol) using established HPLC procedures. Filtrate from a statistical sampling of Acrodisc PSF syringe filters was collected and run under gradient mobile phase conditions at three common wavelengths. The chromatograms of the solvent blanks and samples were compared. Samples from each production lot were also compared to a standard to determine if any extraneous peaks were present.
Ion Chromatography Certified
Pall Life Sciences certifies that the following Ion Chromatography (IC) Acrodisc PSF syringe filters have been tested using a highly sensitive ion chromatography technique: PN AP-4585, AP-4587, and AP-4785.
To monitor inorganic extractables, samples from each lot are tested. Actual background levels of filter extractables are typically less than 20 ppb for chloride, 6 ppb for nitrate, 1 ppb for phosphate, and 10 ppb for sulfate.