Disposable Filter Funnels
Ready-to-use with No Time-consuming Presterilization or Cleanup Required
Helping you eliminate potential contamination risks is what Pall’s MicroFunnel™ filter funnel is designed to do. Because environmental microorganisms are opportunistic by nature, they readily grow when introduced to a wide variety of aqueous solutions. If left unnoticed, these harmful microbes can result in a significant loss of time, money and productivity.
Our disposable, gamma irradiated MicroFunnel filter funnels come ready-to-use and are individually bagged. These convenient filter funnels provide quality assurance when testing for microbial contamination – especially when employing the MF Technique. Offered in 100 mL and 300 mL sizes, MicroFunnel filter funnels are available in a variety of models featuring a wide selection of membrane options to meet your specific application requirements.
MicroFunnel Filter FunnelsOur standard filter funnel provides easy squeeze separation from the base, preventing membrane disruption and offering fast, no-hassle operation.
MicroFunnel LP Filter Funnels Features a built-in Petri dish lid kit and comes complete with absorbent pad.
MicroFunnel ST Filter Funnels Ideal for sterility testing, these funnels are double bagged to facilitate use within isolators. A complete sterility testing validation guide is also available for added assurance of product performance.
MicroFunnel Plus Filter Funnels Combines a filter funnel and sample cup into one easy-to-use device. Featuring a vented, capped lid that snaps to a liquid-tight seal. Plus, the lid’s flexible pull-tab makes removal easy.
MicroFunnel Plus AP Filter Funnels Our new MicroFunnel Plus AP filter funnel offers a sample port on the lid for aseptic connection and collection of your sample. The high temperature compatible tubing is aseptically attached between the filter funnel and the sample port on the water line. After the sample is collected, the tubing is removed and the cap is replaced on the MicroFunnel filter funnel lid.
Easy Squeeze Separation
Quickly remove funnel from base to access membrane.
Ready To Use
Preassembled and gamma irradiated. Units fit directly on most filter manifolds.
Reduced Contamination Risk
Individually bagged, disposable filter units prevent cross-contamination.
- Quality control in pharmaceutical and other product manufacturing.
- Convenient for last minute samples at the end of the day.
- Quantify yeasts, molds and other organisms.
- Monitor hot loop water samples.
- Alternative to closed-system sterility testing.
How to Select the Right MicroFunnel Filter Funnel
|MicroFunnel Plus and MicroFunnels Plus AP Filter Funnels
||Feature a vented, capped lid that snaps to a liquid-tight seal and eliminates the need for a separate sample collection cup. Products with Supor membrane are optimized to collect hot water.|
|Convenient and economical alternative to costly closed-system sterility testing when using an isolator or containment suite. Complete validation guide for sterility testing is available for added assurance of product performance. |
|MicroFunnel Filter Funnels
||Test any aqueous solution for microbial contamination using the principles of the MF Technique. Ideal for quality control analysis in pharmaceutical production.|
Standard Procedures Using MicroFunnel Plus Filter FUnnels
Analyzing Ambient Samples
||1. Carefully remove the vented lid and collect the sample.|
||2. Securely snap lid in place to prevent sample loss. Transport |
sample to laboratory for filtration.
||3. Remove membrane vent from base, place funnel directly onto |
manifold, and filter the sample.
||4. Gently grasp base then remove and discard lid.|
||5. Release cylinder from base by squeezing the midpoint of |
||6. Remove the membrane, plate the filter, and incubate.|
Collecting Hot Water Samples
||1. Place funnel into holder with graduations visible through the |
viewing slot. Carefully remove the vented lid and collect
the hot water sample.
||2. With funnel and holder resting on a firm, level surface, securely |
snap lid in place to prevent sample loss. Remove funnel from
holder and transport sample to laboratory for filtration.
(Proceed with steps 3-6 for ambient water.)
Note: When using this product for sampling hot water loops, observe safety precautions which include the use of insulated rubber gloves, safety glasses, and Pall Life Sciences Funnel Holder for critical sample sites (PN 4824 for 100 mL funnels and PN 4825 for 300 mL funnels).
Procedures for MicroFunnel LP Filter Funnel
- Dispense the contents of an ampoule of culture medium onto the absorbent pad in the Petri dish lid kit, supplied only with MicroFunnel LP, PN 4810.
- With Petri dish lid kit removed, perform filtration then access membrane by gently squeezing the funnel cylinder.
- Remove the membrane filter from the base with forceps.
- Place the membrane filter onto the broth-soaked absorbent pad in the Petri dish lid kit and incubate.
For complete product information – featuring technical reports, guides, reports and more – visit the Literature Library
to view the following documents.
- Performance Guide, MicroFunnel Filter Funnels
- Product Data, MicroFunnel Filter Funnels, PN 32969
- Product Data, MicroFunnel Plus Filter Funnel, PN 33237
- Product Data, MicroFunnel ST Disposable Filter Funnels
- Product Data, MicroFunnel Vacuum Manifolds, PN 33258
- Protocol, Membrane Filter Technique, PN 32860
- Sell Sheet, MicroFunnel Filter Funnels, PN 33345
- Sell Sheet, MicroFunnel Plus and MicroFunnel Plus AP Filter Funnels, PN 33384
- User Guide, MicroFunnel Filter Funnels, PN 87228H
- User Guide, MicroFunnel Plus and MicroFunnel Plus AP Filter Funnels, PN 87457H
- User Guide, MicroFunnel ST Sterility Testing Funnel, PN 87449C
- User Guide, Vacuum Manifolds for MicroFunnel Filter Funnel, PN 89100B
- Validation Guide, MicroFunnel ST Filter Funnel
- Validation of Suitability for Sterility Testing Applications, PN 33235
- Webcast, Using MicroFunnel Plus Filter Funnels to Reduce Sample Contamination