Proteomics Applications and Protocols
- Endotoxin Removal: Removal of endotoxin is one of the most difficult downstream processes during protein purification. Many commercially available products are unable to remove endotoxin satisfactorily, or require time-consuming incubation steps. The Acrodisc® unit with positively-charged, hydrophilic Mustang® E membrane is ideal for the removal of endotoxin from solution due to its highly crosslinked quaternized amine charged surface.
- Western Blotting: Pall Corporation manufactures membranes made from nitrocellulose, nylon, and PVDF for molecular detection applications.
- Activated Membranes: Pall offers several activated membranes for covalent protein binding.
- Ion Exchange Membranes: For ion exchange applications, Pall offers Mustang ion exchange membrane. This technology is available in several formats including a syringe filter column and a 96-well filter plate.
- Pall Chromatography Resins: Pall Life Sciences’ disposable 25 mm Acrodisc unit is a chromatography device containing high capacity Mustang Q membrane, an anion exchanger with a polyethersulfone (PES) base modified with quaternary amines. Mustang Q membrane delivers efficient and rapid flow rates with a convective pore structure combined with high dynamic binding capacity for plasmid DNA (3.6 mg/Acrodisc unit), negatively charged proteins (10 mg), and viruses (1012 viral particles).
- Process Proteomics: Mustang S membrane delivers efficient and rapid flow rates with a convective pore structure combined with high dynamic binding capacity for positively-charged proteins (10 mg), and viruses. Processing time is much shorter and more efficient than the conventional bead or resin-based technology. Mustang devices have throughputs of up to 100 times that of traditional columns, with no associated loss of capacity.
- Buffer Exchange, Desalting and Concentration: Pall offers several technologies to perform efficient sample concentration, desalting, and buffer exchange including ultrafiltration-based spin filters, ultrafiltration-based multi-well filtration plates, and bottled gel filtration media.
- Final Product Clarification: When selecting the best product for your application, several factors need to be considered. Sample viscosity, sample volume, and sample recovery are just some of the aspects that will drive the selection of the optimal device. Pall offers a number of media and device options for fast, effective filtration with minimal sample hold-up for both single and high throughput sample processing. From sample volumes of a few microliters to multiple liters, Pall can supply the best product solution for your application.
- Water Supply: Today’s research and diagnostic laboratories require purified water that does not impact test results. Cascada™ Lab Water Systems employ Pall’s advanced water purification technologies to achieve the highest purity water through a series of separation and purification steps in a single bench top box. A range of configurations support diverse laboratory needs from critical, sensitive applications to general use.
- Microbiology Testing: The Cascada BIO-water System provides extremely high quality water for life sciences applications by featuring ultrafiltration for the effective removal of contaminants such as endotoxins and nucleases. Endotoxin removal makes the purified water suitable for critical applications in cell culture and monoclonal antibody production. Nuclease elimination removes the requirement for toxic DEPC treatment in applications such as PCR and DNA sequencing.