Efficient and Cost Effective
- TFF is easy to set up and use – Simply connect the TFF device to a pump and pressure gauge(s) with tubing and fittings, add your sample to the reservoir and you’re ready to go.
- TFF is fast and efficient – It is easier to set up and much faster than dialysis. You can achieve higher concentrations in less time than with centrifugal devices or stirred cells.
- Perform two steps with one system – You can concentrate and diafilter a sample on the same system, saving time and avoiding product loss.
- TFF can be scaled-up or scaled-down – Materials of construction and cassette path length allow conditions established during pilot-scale trials to be applied to process-scale applications. TFF devices are available that can process sample volumes as small as 10 mL or as large as thousands of liters.
- TFF is economical – TFF devices and cassettes can be cleaned and reused, or disposed of after single use. A simple integrity test can be performed to confirm that membrane and seals are intact.
Tangential Flow Filtration Applications
- Concentrate and desalt proteins and peptides
- Concentrate and desalt nucleic acids
- Recover and purify antibodies or recombinant proteins from cell culture media
- Recover and purify plasmid DNA from cell lysates or chromosomal DNA from whole blood
- Fractionate dilute protein mixtures
- Clarify cell lysates or tissue homogenates.