TEST - DO NOT DELETE - Proteomics, Protein Chemistry, Protein Purification
From the discovery and development stages of new drugs, through production and delivery of therapies, Pall Life Sciences provides dependable, high-performance products that expedite and simplify your proteomics processes. Our products include membranes for microfiltration and ultrafiltration, and membranes and resins for a variety of chromatographic processes.
Use this selection guide to help you find the right product for your application.
Pall has thousands of media chemistries from which to select, and we are constantly modifying and developing new chemistries to meet your specific application challenges. Combined with superior housing materials in a multitude of configurations and industry-leading research, development, and manufacturing resources, Pall is uniquely positioned to deliver products exactly to your specifications.
- Optimized proteomics products: Pall’s extensive knowledge and long history of developing uniform membrane materials (lot-to-lot) ensure consistent, reproducible results. Pall is one of the few companies to control device manufacturing through all stages, from media production to housing material selection to final device assembly. This gives us a distinct quality advantage, allowing us to maximize processing accuracy, speed, safety and reliability. Our membranes now set the standards for sample preparation and detection applications in laboratories around the world. Whether your methods require a long incubation time or exposure to caustic solvents, we have a media to meet your needs.
- Scaleable proteomics product platform: Whether you are processing a single sample or detecting thousands of samples, Pall offers a variety of device configurations to support your techniques. When scale-up is a factor, Pall offers product platforms that incorporate the same membranes and materials of construction to allow precise scale-up of processing volumes from lab to process scale.
- Automation compatibility: Pall’s high-throughput products are configured to fit standard lab robotic equipment. Pall’s AcroPrep™ filter plates are designed in accordance with the standards of ANSI/SBS X-2004, assuring smooth operation. We have partnered with industry leaders and our customers to adapt unique systems that work with our standard products.
Applications and Protocols
- Abundant Protein Removal: Complexity reduction in samples is an important step in facilitating access to the low abundant proteins of interest for disease research and diagnostics. Pall currently offers several solutions for abundant protein separation or removal. Options include affinity chromatography resins as well as complete kits for removal of multiple abundant proteins (albumin, IgG) in one step.
- Protein Fractionation: Pall currently offers several solutions for small-scale chromatographic protein fractionation. Options include chromatography resin for affinity capture, ion exchange separation, and mixed-mode capture resins. All chemistries are available for use in several forms including standard chromatography columns, disposable columns, spin filters, and multi-well filter plates.
- Detergent Removal: The elimination of detergents and/or solvents from biological samples is often necessary and can be achieved by various methods including resin partitioning, size exclusion, affinity, or batch extraction with vegetable oils combined with reverse phase on C18 resin. The SDR HyperD resin structure has been engineered to optimize solvent/detergent retention.
- Concentration, Desalting, and Buffer Exchange: Biomolecule purification involves a complex series of steps where targets are selectively separated through sequential processes. The processes by which separation is performed often create a need for the sample to be desalted or concentrated to prepare the biomolecule sample for the next step in the purification process. Pall offers several technologies to perform efficient sample concentration, desalting, and buffer exchange including ultrafiltration (UF) spin filters, UF multi-well filtration plates, and bottled gel filtration media.
- Particulate Removal: Pall offers a number of media and device options for fast, effective filtration with minimal sample hold-up for both single and high throughput sample processing. From sample volumes of a few microliters to multiple liters, Pall can supply the best product solution for your application.
- Endotoxin Removal: Removal of endotoxin is one of the most difficult downstream processes during protein purification. Many commercially available products are unable to remove endotoxin satisfactorily, or require time-consuming incubation steps. The Acrodisc® unit with positively-charged, hydrophilic Mustang® E membrane is ideal for the removal of endotoxin from solution due to its highly crosslinked quaternized amine charged surface.
- Western Blotting: Pall Corporation manufactures membranes made from nitrocellulose, nylon, and PVDF for molecular detection applications.
- Activated Membranes: Pall offers several activated membranes for covalent protein binding. Ultrabind modified polyethersulfone membrane has a high ratio of covalent to non-covalent protein binding. Immunodyne® ABC membrane offers the sharp spot geometry of nylon with a proprietary covalent attachment chemistry.
- Ion Exchange Membranes: For ion exchange applications, Pall offers Mustang ion exchange membrane. This technology is available in several formats including a syringe filter column and a 96-well filter plate.
- BioSepra® Chromatography Resins: Pall Life Sciences’ disposable 25 mm Acrodisc unit is a chromatography device containing high capacity Mustang Q membrane, an anion exchanger with a polyethersulfone (PES) base modified with quaternary amines. Mustang Q membrane delivers efficient and rapid flow rates with a convective pore structure combined with high dynamic binding capacity for plasmid DNA (3.6 mg/Acrodisc unit), negatively charged proteins (10 mg), and viruses (1012 viral particles).
- Process Proteomics: Mustang S membrane delivers efficient and rapid flow rates with a convective pore structure combined with high dynamic binding capacity for positively-charged proteins (10 mg), and viruses. Processing time is much shorter and more efficient than the conventional bead or resin-based technology. Mustang devices have throughputs of up to 100 times that of traditional columns, with no associated loss of capacity.
- Buffer Exchange, Desalting and Concentration: Pall offers several technologies to perform efficient sample concentration, desalting, and buffer exchange including ultrafiltration-based spin filters, ultrafiltration-based multi-well filtration plates, and bottled gel filtration media.
- Final Product Clarification: When selecting the best product for your application, several factors need to be considered. Sample viscosity, sample volume, and sample recovery are just some of the aspects that will drive the selection of the optimal device. Pall offers a number of media and device options for fast, effective filtration with minimal sample hold-up for both single and high throughput sample processing. From sample volumes of a few microliters to multiple liters, Pall can supply the best product solution for your application.
- Water Supply: Today’s research and diagnostic laboratories require purified water that does not impact test results. Cascada™ Lab Water Systems employ Pall’s advanced water purification technologies to achieve the highest purity water through a series of separation and purification steps in a single bench top box. A range of configurations support diverse laboratory needs from critical, sensitive applications to general use.
- Microbiology Testing: The Cascada BIO-water System provides extremely high quality water for life sciences applications by featuring ultrafiltration for the effective removal of contaminants such as endotoxins and nucleases. Endotoxin removal makes the purified water suitable for critical applications in cell culture and monoclonal antibody production. Nuclease elimination removes the requirement for toxic DEPC treatment in applications such as PCR and DNA sequencing.