Vivid Lateral Flow Nitrocellulose Membrane
The Diagnostic Uses Of The Nitrocellulose Membrane
Date: May 7th, 2021
Nitrocellulose membranes are the heart of lateral flow assays and require highly consistent wicking
rate and thickness. Variations in either can have detrimental effects on assay sensitivity, reproducibility,
and reagent consumption. Vivid Lateral Flow Nitrocellulose (LFNC) membranes are manufactured to ensure that these key parameters are tightly controlled with coefficients of variation (CV) between 5 and 10 %. Nitrocellulose is the globally preferred membrane substrate in diagnostic tests where antigen antibody binding occurs, e.g., pregnancy tests, urine-albumin tests and C-reactive protein (CRP) detection. Pall’s Vivid LFNC membranes fulfil all the criteria to enable the development and manufacture of a diverse range of tests with reliability and reproducibility, available with the following benefits:
- Quality: designed and tested specifically for diagnostic applications to ensure the materials meet stringent requirements for diagnostic assay development and manufacturing
- Reliable, large-scale manufacturing capacity with lot-to-lot traceability
- Reproducibility: defined coefficients of variation for key performance parameters result in consistent performance
- Choice of defined capillary speeds to select sensitivity of diagnostic test
- Straight and uniform migration
Membrane Consistency for Assay Reproducibility and Sensitivity
- Vivid Lateral Flow Nitrocellulose (LFNC) membranes provide high sensitivity with dilute concentrations of target analytes.
Strong consistency and high duplication rate
- When measuring intra- and inter-lot performance for wicking time and thickness Vivid LFNC membranes provide consistent results, resulting in low defined coefficients of variation.
- Provides protein binding levels which are highly consistent to facilitate reliable assay performance.
- Demonstrates low background levels which enable crisp capture lines and easy-to-read results.
- Constructed using pure nitrocellulose that does not contain interfering substances or post-treatments that affect assay performance.
Clear surface appearance
- Controlled surface quality of the membrane ensures freedom from visual defects, discoloration and dust.
- Quality assured wicking speed gives predictable result time.
Assay sensitivity is maintained with consistency of the wicking rate of the nitrocellulose membrane. By
maintaining a uniform sample front that travels along the membrane at a consistent speed, the target analyte is maintained in a homogenous concentration. This ensures that the target analyte present in the sample has adequate time to bind to the capture antibody resulting in reproducible results from lot-to-lot.
Joseph Vickers - Portfolio Lead, Membrane & Media
- Medical Industries
- Sort By