Pall Services for the Fuels and Chemicals Industries
To control expenses and increase productivity, your system must run at maximum efficiency. Pall provides a range of services that can help your system reach and maintain peak performance. Along with our expertise in filtration and separation technology, we have years of experience in the industry. That’s why you’ll receive exceptional quality and value, not only from our products, but also when you turn to us for your service needs. Whether you need continual service or service on a project-by-project basis, we offer real, lasting solutions, not just quick fixes.
Each of Pall’s services listed below can be tailored to meet your specific needs.
Our analytic services include:
- optical microscopy
- oil analysis
- contamination analysis
- particle counting
- microbial and endotoxin challenge testing
- microbial identification
- chemical compatibility testing
- gas and liquid chromatography
- light and electron microscopy
- x-ray emission spectroscopy
- Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy
- computer-enhanced image analysis
- particle size distribution (volumetric and gravimetric)
The presence of built-in particulate contamination on these high-performance components can result in abrasive wear of dynamic surfaces and erosion of metering surfaces and jamming in valves. This is exacerbated at higher temperatures, pressures, and cycle rates. The degradation of working clearances can have a very significant impact on component reliability and performance.
Pall has decades of experience and technical leadership in both dynamic clearance protection and related contaminant diagnosis/evaluation. Our cleanliness audit can help ensure that your high performance equipment and components remain durable and reliable.
Specific equipment commissioning services include:
- inspection of equipment prior to installation
- installation and removal of specific components
- review of overall system installation
- assembly and disassembly of components
- inspection of components for proper and adequate insulation
- inspection of valve operation
- loop check of system wiring to and from the control panel
- inspection of PLC-related input/output signals
- bringing system online to test and confirm design duty
- tracking of performance and testing of filter elements
- training of staff in all aspects of system operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
Laboratory, Pilot, and Field Testing
The results of this program are reductions in:
- filter expenditures
- total line items purchased
- number of vendors
- purchase orders processed
The VAIS program considers both the operating costs and the unit cost and works with you to provide a compelling return on investment.
Upgrade services include:
- modification or upgrade of PLC program
- identification and installation of the optimal filter medium
- conversion of manually-actuated to electrically-actuated components
- valve upgrades
Genuine parts, cleaners, filters, and other consumables to be used for system upgrades, or as replacements or spares, are available at discount prices.
Learn more about technology services
Pall’s experienced and highly knowledgeable trainers can tailor courses to meet your needs. Training is conveniently offered at your site or at one of Pall’s specialized training facilities.
Troubleshooting and System Support
Pall’s service technologists provide troubleshooting and system support services onsite and offsite. For process problems, Pall offers analytical services for a wide range of fluids through its worldwide network of laboratories.
In conjunction with equipment and system troubleshooting, we will diagnose product variability or contamination caused by any of the following:
- malfunction of system components
- filter system leak and/or valve leak
- PLC malfunction
- short on-stream filter or membrane device life
- damaged filter or membranes