The impact of damage to filling lines and bulk reservoirs
Filtration on filling lines and bulk storage systems is critical, diesel fuel must meet Cleanliness Specifications at their Points of Use. Water causes damage to both fuel tanks and engine parts. Rust and corrosion in the tank create hard particulate that is passed along in the fuel, causing engine wear. Usually, diesel bulk reservoirs contain free water which can damage the engines during the dynamic ‘Go / No Go’ performance tests. The objective is to keep the water below its saturation point so that it stays dissolved rather than entering the filling lines and the engine test stands as free water.
Innovative Particulate and Water Removal Solution
High performance filtration featuring water removal capabilities is required to protect diesel fuel engines or components like HP fuel injectors or diesel pumps. Ultipleat Diesel Plus Filters provide advanced particulate and water removal from diesel fuel within a single filter element.
Customer benefits include:
- Low clean differential pressure across the element
- High dirt-holding capacity and long filter life
- Meets the specification for both solid and liquid contaminations
- Reduce engine/component reject rates with immediate effect in the plant
- Minimize the return of engines under warranty
- Improve the quality of the fuel available for performance tests
Beyond Ultipleat Diesel Plus Filters, many other Pall products technologies can be used. To find our more, speak to one of our specialists by contacting us on the form provided.