Industrial Lubrication Fluid
The most important part of any lubrication system
Lubrication System Filtration
Lubricating oils are used in industrial lube systems like bearing lube or gearboxes to ensure the smooth and resistance-free movement of the internal components. The presence of clearance-sized particles causes component wear and, if left unchecked, can lead to component failure and costly system downtime.
Every lubricant system is contaminated with particulates to some degree. However, it is particles at or around the size of the lubricating film thickness separating two moving surfaces that can cause the most damage. Clearance-sized particles must be prevented from entering the clearances of operating equipment.
Control of particulate contamination in lubricating oils is critical to ensuring the longevity of system components, where unscheduled downtime can result in maintenance and lost productivity costs in the tens of thousands of dollars. This is why companies invest in industrial lubricant filtration systems to maintain the required cleanliness for hydraulic fluids.
The Primary Functions of Lubricating Filters Are:
- To protect the system components from damaging critical clearance-sized particles, i.e., particles that can enter component clearance and cause wear and potential component failure.
- To control the level of cleanliness to the specified level to achieve maximum component life.
- To allow fluid to pass through at the given flow with the minimum pressure drop (ΔP).
A filter must control the levels of all contaminant particles at and above the size critical to the operating system. If the filter fails to provide the necessary control of damaging sized particles in the system, it will substantially increase the number of particles generated within the system. Particles entering component working clearances can damage the components through wear mechanisms, creating more particles that can do more damage. This makes it essential for the filter to capture these particles to maintain the required cleanliness of the system.
Lube filtration is a crucial part of lubricating system maintenance programs, and high-performance filtration technology is now specified in most lube oil applications. High performance, long life filters that maintain consistent performance throughout service life help industrial operations maintain optimal fluid cleanliness to ensure consistent operational efficiency and reduced costs.
To prevent a system failure caused by particulate contaminants making their way into the highly-sensitive components of a lube oil system, in-line and off-line filtration systems incorporating high-efficiency filter technology are employed to consistently maintain the fluid cleanliness level required to ensure that system components are protected. This results in improved system uptime and reliability, while reducing unscheduled downtime and maintenance costs for dramatically improved business performance and operational savings.
Athalon™ Filter Housings and Elements
For your most critical applications, Pall offers a full range of Athalon filter housings and elements. Delivering the Ultimate in Filter Performance, Pall’s Athalon hydraulic and lube filters combine an industry-leading ßx (c)≥2000 (ISO 16889) particle removal rating, stress-resistant filter technology in an anti-static design to provide the greatest overall filter performance and value available in the industry today.
A selection of interchangeable mechanical and electrical differential pressure indicators is available to help signal imminent filter blockage.
- Laid Over Pleat (LOP) Filter Media Geometry maximizes filtration area, increases flow handling capability, and reduces filter element size
- Stress-resistant Filter Medium improves fluid cleanliness consistency and improves performance in 'real world' conditions
- Anti-Static construction minimizes static charge generation, prevents damage to filter element, housing, or fluid due to static discharge
- Coreless/Cageless Construction makes our elements up to 60% lighter than comparable filter elements with cores
- Simple to Install and Inexpensive to Maintain common port and mounting interfaces and cover servicing makes maintenance quick and easy to perform with the minimum of basic tools
Thank you for your interest a sales representative will contact you.