How you can exceed your quotas through reliable condensate stabilization
Natural gas condensate stabilization processes reduce the vapor pressure of the liquid hydrocarbon condensate to a value ensuring safety during transportation and storage and perform an important separation of lighter from heavier ends. The natural gas condensate is either stabilized to remove C1-C4 hydrocarbons or is fractionated in stages sequentially removing one or more of ethane (C2), propane (C3) and butane (C4). The stabilized LPG/gasoline product has had the more volatile light ends stripped out. The separated products are also more valuable as petrochemical feedstocks.
The stabilization reliability is achieved, only when these needs are met:
- Excess condensate and lighter products and production quotas via reliable stabilization/fractionization and separation of natural gas condensate.
- Maintaining process reliability for consistency of production and minimization of downtime, reduced maintenance.
- Maintaining process safety
- Provision of stale operation, consistent on-spec sales condensate
Increased downtime and maintenance, process upsets causing off-spec products due to deposits and corrosion in stabilizer columns and reboiler caused by salty water and particulate contaminants in the condensate that cannot efficiently separate due to stable emulsions is a major challenge faced by refiners. But improvisation for stabilizer productivity and reliability can be done with effective liquid water and solid removal upstream of the stabilizer to protect against deposits and corrosion.
Solid particle contaminants in condensate are mostly very fine corrosion products that may not be adequately removed by filters that exhibit poor removal performance, unloading, media migration, channeling or poor sealing. A range of absolute rated filter elements is available to reduce suspended solids to less than 5 ppmw, keep the process equipment clean and reduce related fouling issues.
High efficiency PhaseSep® liquid/liquid coalescer reliably meet clear and bright product specification and less than 20 ppmw downstream per Aqua-Glo measurement to maximize salt and water removal, offering excellent process equipment protection from brine-initiated corrosion and fouling.
- Ultipleat® High Flow filters, Profile Coreless filters, Marksman™ filters for prefiltration prior to liquid/liquid coalescer has advantages such as high filtration efficiency, reproducible performance, easy changeout and long filter life. This ensures long life of the coalescers and eliminates particulate fouling of the stabilizer columns.
- PhaseSep liquid/liquid coalescer for stabilizer column protection has high efficiency specially formulated coalescer media for the separation of stable liquid mixtures, which invites safe and reliable production of hydrocarbon liquids by protecting stabilizer columns from brine-initiated corrosion and fouling.
Pall’s advanced filtration consistently outperformed the other manufacturer’s filters. Using a high-tech, innovative solution provides a great competitive advantage for refiners, as it not only improves the probability of quota improvement but ensures safety and high operational cost savings. Pall filters also provide enhanced protection and improves the overall performance of the equipment in terms of efficiency and uptime. Try out a Pall filter today!
Thank you for submitting your information.