In May 2008, Pall’s newest “green” facility in Buccinasco (Milan), Italy, was a finalist in the Urban Land Institute’s 2008 Awards for Excellence (Europe). The 7,000-sq. meter / 75,348-sq. foot, 3-building complex is sustainably engineered at every level, from renewable construction materials to energy efficient operating systems.
- On-site electric power plant
- Energy-efficient heating and air conditioning (HVAC) system that produces hot and cold water simultaneously and regulates North and South building exposures independently
- Water storage tanks that double as fire control reservoirs
- Glass, paper and plastics recycling systems throughout the buildings
Port Washington, NY
Pall’s newly renovated World Headquarters opened in Port Washington, New York in 2009. The 24,526-sq. meter / 264,000-sq. foot retrofitted facility is among the most energy-efficient buildings in the Pall network, incorporating state-of-the-art sustainable components.
- Glass walled building front will uses low E coated insulated glass for reduced energy consumption
- Recycling of materials during construction diverted nearly 225,000 lbs. of waste from landfills
- A sophisticated Building Management System is reducing energy consumption by 4 million kilowatt hours per year
- Water conservation systems are saving over 9 million gallons per year
- Use of low VOC emission materials